Friday 30 May 2014

Solo 2014

“Emerging Lines” is a new series on urban development which is seen as a major segment of the growth in humanity.        

In what would appear as an obsession to document the growing need of urbanization, through my interpretation in the genre of abstract impressionism, efforts are made to take a positive approach despite agonizing at times over humanity’s pace and urge to grow.  
   

Using mostly mixed medium as pigments, hand made paper made by myself along with other natural and man made products to show textural effect, I have tried to express various aspects and stages of growth.

My observations during a  recent journey through Italy making note of the aesthetics of humanity merging with at times what I believe is uncompromising terrain, was truly inspiring.  I marveled at the way architectural feats made inroads so as to be visually appealing while not overpowering nature’s bounty.



Using colors to portray the seasons interspersed with geometrical forms, suggests the viewer to go through a journey and make their own impression of the representational icons used to convey the message.



The pace of a changing topography can leave mixed perceptions and feelings. All is not lost in my assumption as concerted efforts are emerging.  There appears to be an awareness to make structures juxtaposing with an existing natural setting which is settling and visually appealing. 

Having lived all my life in metros, the influence is paramount to my perception of the need to excel for many; as I do believe, that growth is inevitable be it in a rural or urban scenario. This series expresses the ‘agony and ecstasy’ of growth in a city which is an integral part of our existence.




The above article is my  Artist's Note of  the  Solo "Emerging Lines" held at Mahua Art Gallery, Bengaluru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home