Saturday 17 May 2014

ESP

I was on Cloud 9 as my solo art show by Time & Space Gallery was on and all seemed well. Being a relative ‘new comer’ in the art fraternity then, I was very excited. So on one of the mornings while leaving my home for the gallery, instead of the heady feeling I should have experienced, I was feeling very low with a sinking feeling, making my heart heavy. There was such a strong feeling of melancholia for no apparent reason. My mother would always look out for ‘signs’ which give an indication of how things would turn out on stepping out of the home. This must have been at the back of my mind, for I got irritated on seeing a lady coming towards me carrying a child and ahead I sighted another lady holding a broom aloft. Any superstitious person would have turned around and headed home as they are considered bad signs. I continued towards the gallery to interact with visitors coming for the artshow.
I came to know much later that at that particular time was when my father had passed away suddenly in Kerala.

During that time my brother in the US too felt ‘something’ while driving on the highway. Strangely a car swerved and came from another lane to drive right in front. My brother’s eyes were drawn towards the number plate, reading PGG 23 (our father’s initials and year of birth!). Is this a sixth sense or was it an ESP (extra sensory perception) experience? I get goose bumps every time I relive that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home